Saturday, July 30, 2011

Brand New Blog

I figure it's about time to get one of these started. You know when a new shop moves in downtown?  Through the big plate glass windows you can see the renovating going on: shelves being removed or installed, walls being painted, counters set up.  Sometimes they paper over the windows, but you can still get a peek through the seams if you try hard enough.  Then finally, eventually, the paper comes down, the floor is swept one last time, and the doors open to the public.  And it's kind of cool, because in a way you've watched it all happen.

That's what you're going to get with this blog for a while.  I've been a writer almost my whole life, but I don't announce it much to the world.  I don't slide easily into a niche - romance writer, paranormal writer, erotica writer - so I can't just throw up some romantic colors or a sexeh picture of people in a clinch and call it a day.  So expect to see some bare bones for a while.  Expect to see me experiment with paint colors until the guy at Lowe's knows me by name.

But for now: Hi.  I'm Jen, and I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment